INTRODUCING MANSFIELD COMMUNITY FIBER’S AFFORDABLE SERVICE PROGRAM
WHAT IS IT?
As part of its major effort to expand access to broadband, the Federal Government created the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help qualifying individuals and families better afford the cost of service. Applying for and managing this federal program is burdensome so we have set up our own discount program for qualifying households. MCFiber’s Affordable Service Program (ASP) offers a monthly $35 discount to income-eligible households, upon documented proof of eligibility. It is similar to the Federal Government’s, but we offer a bigger discount because we can avoid the burdensome administration costs by managing it ourselves.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Complete our application form here. You will have to send us documents that verify your identity and your eligibility every 3 months. We’ll send you reminders!
- As long as you meet the eligibility criteria, your household will get a credit of $35/month on your Internet service. Excess drop costs, installation charges and charges for optional services such as router rental, video and VoIP, will remain the same.
- Your monthly bill will show the $35 credit for three months. We will renew the credit when you send us updated documentation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
MCF uses the same eligibility criteria as the federal government- except that we do not ask for proof of income. Eligibility applies to the entire household – everyone residing at your account address. We ask for documentation for any of the following:
- Someone in the household is eligible for 3SquaresVT (food stamps)
- Someone in the household received a Pell Grant in the current award year
- Someone in the household participates in WIC
- Someone in the household participates in Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Just send us a copy of the approval you received from the agency that provides the above benefits or the federal ACP. Send documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the beginning of each quarter, MCF will verify subscriber participants by reviewing your documentation. Once we have verified your eligibility, we will apply a $35 credit to your Internet service bill. Since we bill in arrears, for new customers whose service covered only part of the month, we will pro-rate the amount of the credit.
If you have used the federal government’s online system for determining eligibility, you can send us that instead of this list of documents.
Please note: Because the State of Vermont provides free school lunches to ALL students, we do not accept that as evidence of eligibility for this program.