Construction Update, May 23, 2023
- Our extension into Waterville and Belvidere is complete and residents are encouraged to sign up for service at mcfibervt.com/subscribe/.
- We are over-lashing existing cable in Fairfax in order to bring service to the far northwest corner of Fletcher. We expect that work and the subsequent splicing of customer distribution points to take another 2-3 weeks, after which we will be able to start drops for customers in the area of the northern end of Buck Hollow Road.
- Splicing of existing fiber-optic main lines in central Fletcher should begin in the next 2-3 weeks, with construction of customer drops along those routes following thereafter.
We will update our Service Area Map as and when connectivity is available on these line extensions.
Update, January 19, 2023
- Fletcher: Construction of the Northwest network extension continues, with the expectation that it will be lit and tested by the spring, with customer connections to follow thereafter. Construction of the Northeast section is awaiting GMP’s project to move their poles closer to the road. We cannot begin our work until their work is done.
- Cambridge/Waterville/Belvidere extension: Service is available along VT route 109 up to Church Street. Construction through Belvidere requires some re-work and that is inprocess. We expect that section to be lit within the next two months.
Construction Update, November 23, 2022
- Fletcher: Network extension is in process as part of the Fletcher Completion Project. Black Mountain Road now has lit service and customers are being connected there. Strand has been hung in the northwest section of the town and fiber-optic cable will be lashed as the next step.
- Cambridge/Waterville/Belvidere extension: This is a correction to last month’s posting. Service is available along VT Route 109N up to Birch Tree Lane. Over the next two weeks, the section of VT 109N from Birch Tree Lane north to Church Street is expected to be “lit” with customer connections following thereafter. Placement of customer access points beyond Church Street and into Belvidere will start after that.
- Cambridge South of the River: Cady Hill Road has been “lit” and customer connections are proceeding there.
Construction Update, October 2, 2022
- MCFiber is in vigorous “build out” mode. Network extension into Northern Cambridge (Route 109) to Waterville is complete and customer connections have begun along that segment. We are also doing drop surveys for folks who have subscribed for service.
- Network extension into Belvidere and Black Mountain Road, Fletcher are awaiting delivery of equipment that has been on backorder due to supply chain issues, but final construction and connectivity activation should get done before year-end. Network extension into portions of Cambridge South of the river are close to completion as well, on a similar timeline. Construction of the northwesternmost area of Fletcher is in its early stages and has been delayed a couple of months by the utilities whose make-ready work on the pole routes has been pushed back. Please check the map on our website to locate areas where service is available right now.
Construction Update, August 4, 2022
- North Cambridge, Waterville and Belvidere network extension is now complete. Folks along this route are welcome to sign up for service here: mcfibervt.com/subscribe/. Our staff has begun the process of doing drop surveys for folks who have already subscribed and we will be issuing invoices for drop costs. Contractors have begun hanging drop fiber-optic cable for aerial drops. Our staff will shortly begin scheduling trenching that may be required for underground drops.
- The first stage of construction – hanging the steel cable that supports the fiber-optic cable – has begun in the northwest section of Fletcher as part of our Fletcher Completion Project. We expect to have that completed before year-end with the potential of connecting subscribers there late in 2022. Construction of other sections of the Fletcher Completion Project need to wait for the utilities to complete “make-ready” on the poles and provide us with pole attachment licenses. That should happen late in the 4th quarter.
- Elsewhere we continue completing drops and connecting customers who have subscribed and are at addresses within our existing network.
Construction Update, June 18, 2022
We had expected construction of our network extension in North Cambridge, Waterville and Belvidere to be complete by the end of June. Unfortunately, we have just been informed that the contractor responsible for the last bits of work is delayed as a result of multiple trucks having to be repaired. We are hoping this only causes a few weeks delay.
2. Hanging of strand and fiber continues on network extensions in Cambridge south of the river.
3. Pole “make-ready” for our Fletcher Completion Project is in process. Construction cannot begin until that work is complete and we have been granted pole licenses.
4. Customer drop construction and installations continue in Underhill, Cambridge, Fletcher and Fairfax.
Construction Update, May 20, 2022.
1. Construction is advancing in North Cambridge, Waterville and Belvidere and we expect to have some portions of this network extension “lit” by the end of June. We will begin soliciting subscriptions in mid-June so that we can start the process of evaluating individual drops (the fiber cable from the road to the house). For further information see https://mcfibervt.com/info/drop-information/
2. Customer drop construction and installations continue in Underhill, Cambridge, Fletcher and Fairfax. Underground trenching and laying of armored cable for drops has resumed.
3. We are awaiting completion of make-ready and issuance of pole attachment licenses for the Fletcher Completion Project and for network extension in Cambridge south of the river. Engineering design will follow licensing with construction expected to begin mid-summer.
1. Construction Update, November 11, 2021.
1.Construction is on-going in North Cambridge, Waterville & Belvidere. Contractors will soon be lashing fiber-optic cable to the steel strand that has been hung. We expect construction on the first sections to be completed and ready for customer connections in early spring, 2022.
2. Customer drop construction and installations continue in Underhill, Cambridge, Fletcher and Fairfax. Trenching for underground drops is about to be discontinued due to soil conditions. That will only be resumed after spring thaw in 2022.
Construction Update, October 5, 2021
1. Construction continues in North Cambridge, Waterville & Belvidere. The next step is lashing fiber-optic cables to the strand that has already been hung
2. Customer drop construction, splicing of drop fiber continues in Underhill, Cambridge, Fletcher and Fairfax. Customers will be called when we are ready to schedule installation.
Construction Update, September 10, 2021
- Mansfield Fiber Staff will be trying to complete all pending “direct bury” armored cable drops over the next couple of weeks.
- Construction of our network extension into new areas of Cambridge, Waterville and Belvidere continues.
- We are seeking additional personnel to clear up pending drop splicing work that has been overly delayed. Any work on major arteries such as Main St, Fairfax, that requires traffic control is awaiting delivery of needed uniforms and supplies
Construction Update, August 27, 2021
- Work continues connecting subscribers to our network in Underhill, Fletcher, Cambridge and Fairfax
- New network constructions continues in new parts of Cambridge plus Waterville and Belvidere.
Construction Update, August 12, 2021
- Work by construction contractors to hang and splice drop fiber to customers awaiting connections in Fairfax, Fletcher and Underhill. We are trying
to give priority to those who have been waiting the longest.
- As soon as we receive word of completed drop splices we call customers to schedule installation of services.
- We have receive our shipment of armored cable and have begun trenching and laying that cable to customers who have been waiting for that.
- Contractors are hanging strand and fiber-optic cable in Cambridge, Waterville and Belvidere.
Construction Update, August 2, 2021:
- Construction contractors are focusing on hanging and splicing drop fiber to customers awaiting connections in Fairfax, Fletcher and Underhill. We are trying to give priority to those who have been waiting the longest.
- A large number of underground drops that require armored cable (i.e., no conduit in place) have been delayed as a result of delays in materials shipments arising out of the pandemic. As soon as we receive the armored cable we will focus on getting those drops put in.
- In all the above cases we are trying to give priority to those customers who have been waiting the longest.
- New network construction is on-going in Cambridge (north of the river), Waterville and Belvidere.
Construction Update, June 28, 2021:
- Contractors are working to complete fiberpass construction on Bessette Road.
- Customer Access Points are being placed and spliced where required to connect customers. We are doing our best to give highest priority to customers who have been waiting the longest.
- Customer installations are being scheduled where drop cables have been spliced and tested.
Construction Update, June 14, 2021:
- Customer Access Points are being placed/spliced where required to connect customers. We are doing our best to give highest priority to customers who have been waiting the longest.
- New fiber is being hung in Fairfax where we have been waiting for additional pole licenses (Bessette Road/laterals off Nichols Road in Fairfax). Once those are spliced into the main fiber routes we can begin the work of connecting customers on Snowcrest and those lateral roads). Update, June 1, 2021:
- Construction contractors continue to place Customer Access Points to serve subscribers who have been waiting the longest. This week they will be focusing on subscribers in Fletcher and Underhill. As soo as those CAPs are placed, we will schedule splicing of customer drops with installation to follow. Customers will be called when we are ready to schedule installations.
Update, May 26, 2021:
- In Fairfax, contractors continue to place Customer Access Points that enable fiber-optic drop cable connections from the network to individual premises. New ones are now available on Rocky Ridge Road, Apple Tree Road and Woodward Road. Our staff will be working through our long list of premises ready to have their drops spliced. Customers will be called to schedule installation.
- New Construction is proceeding for network extension into northern sections of Cambridge.
Construction Update, May 10, 2021:
- In Fairfax, Customer Access Points that enable fiber-optic drop cable connections from the network to individual premises are being built along Sam Webb Road, Appletree Road, Brick Church Road and Carroll Hill Road. Additional work splicing drops into CAPs will continue throughout the week. Customers will be contacted for installations as and when their drop cables have been spliced into the network pass.
- In Cambridge, construction of the 2021 network extension has begun. The first step is hanging strand to which fiber-optic cable is attached. Construction will be on-going throughout the summer.
- New customers in Fletcher and Underhill will be contacted for installation as soon as their drops are spliced into the network pass.
Update, March 29, 2021:
This coming week: 1. contractors will be completing pending drops in Underhill, with installation scheduling to follow. 2. We will be building a satellite Network Operating Center on Cherrierville Road, Fairfax, to support customer connections on Main Street, Nichols Road and associated side roads. 3. Advance work on customer access points in Fairfax continues. 4. Installations are being scheduled as customer access point splicing is completed. As always, we will will call you to schedule installation when all other work is complete.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update March 23, 2021:
Construction of Customer Access Points continues on our Fairfax build. We are connecting customers there and in the completed sections of our network in Fletcher, Cambridge and Underhill. We hope to be able to resume advance preparation of underground drops in a week or so. When your location is ready, we will call you to schedule installation.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update as of March 15, 2021:
Splicing of side-roads to main roads continues along with placement of Customer Access Points. As CAPs are put in we will schedule splicing of customer drops and installations. We will call you when your location is ready for installation.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update as of March 8, 2021:
This week we are testing connectivity on Nichols Road and installing Customer Access Points on Meade Road and Buck Hollow Road. Once the CAPs are in and tested we can begin scheduling customers served by those CAPs. We will call you when we are ready to make those appointments.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update as of February 26, 2021:
Splicing continues in Fairfax to bring connectivity to side roads. Once that has been done our contractors will put in “Customer Access Points” – black boxes that hang on the fiber cable on the road. Customer drops get spliced into the CAPS and then we can schedule installations. Installations are continuing along the main roads that are lit and have CAPs installed. Our staff call customers when they are ready to schedule installation. Please note that we may have to wait for spring thaw before we can splice many underground drops.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update, as of Jan 18, 2021:
The first two sections of our build into Fairfax and through the west side of Fletcher up to Austin Road is complete and “lit.” We will be splicing customer drop cable into the fiber pass through this week and following weeks until all pending drops on this segment have been spliced. As those splices are completed and tested we will call customers to schedule service installation. Construction will continue on the rest of our Fairfax route to Main Street, Nichols Road and lateral roads off all the “lit” roads.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update, as of Jan 4, 2021:
The first section of our build into Fairfax and through the west side of Fletcher up to an underground section (pole gap) on Woodward Road should be completed and “lit” at the end of this week. Subscribers along that section will be getting their drop cable spliced into the main fiber pass. As those splices are completed, we will be calling subscribers to schedule installations. Construction will continue on the rest of our Fairfax route.
Mansfield Community Fiber construction update, as of December 18, 2020
Construction of fiber-optic strand and cable splicing continues in Fairfax. Drop cable is being placed and spliced when weather permits (work cannot be done in very cold weather).
We have light/connectivity on the first section of our current N.Fletcher/Fairfax build: Fletcher Road/Comette Road/Rugg Road/Tabor Hill Road/south end of Woodward Road. When drops are spliced and tested along this route, we will call customers to schedule installation.
Subscribers who have an urgent need for service are encouraged to accept aerial drops – these are simpler, faster and cheaper to build – and easier to maintain. Please feel free to send questions to email@example.com. We know that many of you have been waiting for this for quite a while – we appreciate your patience and your support! At this time of year seasonal delays are unavoidable.