Construction Update August 2, 2021:
- Construction contractors are focussing on hanging and splicing drop fiber to customers awaiting connections in Fairfax, Fletcher and Underhill. We are trying to give priority to those who have been waiting the longest.
- A large number of underground drops that require armored cable (i.e., no conduit in place) have been delayed as a result of delays in materials shipments arising out of the pandemic. As soon as we receive the armored cable we will focus on getting those drops put in.
- In all the above cases we are trying to give priority to those customers who have been waiting the longest.
- New network construction is on-going in Cambridge (north of the river), Waterville and Belvidere.
- Construction Update, June 28, 2021:
- Contractors are working to complete fiberpass construction on Bessette Road.
- Customer Access Points are being placed and spliced where required to connect customers. We are doing our best to give highest priority to customers who have been waiting the longest.
- Customer installations are being scheduled where drop cables have been spliced and tested.
Construction Update, June 14, 2021:
- Customer Access Points are being placed/spliced where required to connect customers. We are doing our best to give highest priority to customers who have been waiting the longest.
- New fiber is being hung in Fairfax where we have been waiting for additional pole licenses (Bessette Road/laterals off Nichols Road in Fairfax). Once those are spliced into the main fiber routes we can begin the work of connecting customers on Snowcrest and those lateral roads). Update, June 1, 2021:
- Construction contractors continue to place Customer Access Points to serve subscribers who have been waiting the longest. This week they will be focussing on subscribers in Fletcher and Underhill. As soo as those CAPs are placed, we will schedule splicing of customer drops with installation to follow. Customers will be called when we are ready to schedule installations.
Update, May 26, 2021:
- In Fairfax, contractors continue to place Customer Access Points that enable fiber-optic drop cable connecctions from the network to individual premises. New ones are now available on Rocky Ridge Road, Apple Tree Road and Woodward Road. Our staff will be working through our long list of premises ready to have their drops spliced. Customers will be called to schedule installation.
- New Construction is proceeding for network extension into northern sections of Cambridge.
Construction Update, May 10, 2021:
- In Fairfax, Customer Access Points that enable fiber-optic drop cable connections from the network to individual premises are being built along Sam Webb Road, Appletree Road, Brick Church Road and Carroll Hill Road. Addtional work splicing drops into CAPs will continue throughout the week. Customers will be contacted for installations as and when their drop cables have been spliced into the network pass.
2. In Cambridge, construction of the 2021 network extension has begun. The first step is hanging strand to which fiber-optic cable is attached. Construction will be on-going throughout the summer.
3. New customers in Fletcher and Underhill will be contacted for installation as soon as their drops are spliced into the network pass.
Update, March 29,2021: This coming week: 1. contractors will be completing pending drops in Underhill, with installation scheduling to follow. 2. We will be building a satellite Network Operating Center on Cherrierville Road, Fairfax, to support customer connections on Main Street, Nichols Road and associated side roads. 3. Advance work on customer access points in Fairfax continues. 4. Installations are being scheduled as customer access point splicing is completed. As always, we will will call you to schedule installation when all other work is complete.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update March 23, 2021: Construction of Customer Access Points continues on our Fairfax build. We are connecting customers there and in the completed sections of our network in Fletcher, Cambridge and Underhill. We hope to be able to resume advance preparation of underground drops in a week or so. When your location is ready, we will call you to schedule installation.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction UPdate as of March 15, 2021: Splicing of side-roads to main roads continues along with placement of Customer Access Points. As CAPs are put in we will schedule splicing of customer drops and installations. We will call you when your location is ready for installation.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update as of March 8, 2021:
This week we are testing connectivity on Nichols Road and installing Customer Access Points on Meade Road and Buck Hollow Road. Once the CAPs are in and tested we can begin scheduling customers served by those CAPs. We will call you when we are ready to make those appointments.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update as of February 26,2021:
Splicing continues in Fairfax to bring connectivity to side roads. Once that has been done our contractors will put in “Customer Access Points” – black boxes that hang on the fiber cable on the road. Customer drops get spliced into the CAPS and then we can schedule installations. Installations are continuing along the main roads that are lit and have CAPs installed. Our staff call customers when they are ready to schedule installation. Please note that we may have to wait for spring thaw before we can splice many underground drops.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update, as of Jan 18, 2021:
The first two sections of our build into Fairfax and through the west side of Fletcher up to Austin Road is complete and “lit.” We will be splicing customer drop cable into the fiber pass through this week and following weeks until all pending drops on this segment have been spliced. As those splices are completed and tested we will call customers to schedule service installation. Construction will continue on the rest of our Fairfax route to Main Street, Nichols Road and lateral roads off all the “lit” roads.
Mansfield Community Fiber Construction Update, as of Jan 4, 2021:
The first section of our build into Fairfax and through the west side of Fletcher up to an underground section (pole gap) on Woodward Road should be completed and “lit” at the end of this week. Subscribers along that section will be getting their drop cable spliced into the main fiber pass. As those splices are completed, we will be calling subscribers to schedule installations. Construction will continue on the rest of our Fairfax route.
Mansfield Community Fiber construction update, as of December 18, 2020
Construction of fiber-optic strand and cable splicing continues in Fairfax. Drop cable is being placed and spliced when weather permits (work cannot be done in very cold weather).
We have light/connectivity on the first section of our current N.Fletcher/Fairfax build: Fletcher Road/Comette Road/Rugg Road/Tabor Hill Road/south end of Woodward Road. When drops are spliced and tested along this route, we will call customers to schedule installation.
Subscribers who have an urgent need for service are encouraged to accept aerial drops – these are simpler, faster and cheaper to build – and easier to maintain. Please feel free to send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We know that many of you have been waiting for this for quite a while – we appreciate your patience and your support! At this time of year seasonal delays are unavoidable.