Job Opportunity: Network Team Member
Looking for a more secure economic future?
Mansfield Community Fiber is looking for the right people to help support our rapidly growing broadband expansion. No prior experience required – we will train you!
If you are:
- Eager to learn all aspects of our business
- Hard working and willing to “pitch in” with whatever needs doing
- Totally reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Meticulous with details, good with customers and “nice to be around”
Send your resume and message of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds. You should have a high school diploma and some proficiency in high school math. We’ll teach you the rest!
Pay is in the $16 – $22/hr range depending on skills and experience. Medical benefits and paid vacation and personal time off will be provided for full-time work. We are a socially-responsible employer.
Duties may include:
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Evaluate basic home network design and deployment
- Troubleshoot customer service issues
- Use fusion splicer and complete fiber splices
- Understand PON basics including connectors (SC/APC) and attenuation
- Run and secure fiber and ethernet cable
- Operate construction tools including cable trencher
- Deploy and troubleshoot all current and future CPE deployed by MCFiber (ONUs, ATAs, routers, switches, streaming devices, and more)
- Use company software to record customer details, payments, and generate basic reports.
- Perform all duties in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Dispose of sensitive fiber waste appropriately
- Work on ladders safely
- Work safely around electrical equipment and wires
- Display good judgement when making decisions that could impact safety
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Reliably arrive to work and appointments on time
- Close attention to detail
- Do what is needed to get the job done safely: enter crawl spaces; work in bad weather; and more
- Maintain well- groomed appearance in order to facilitate pleasant customer and co-worker interactions
- Willingness to take on other assignments from management
- Work cooperatively with and support other team members